I tried posting yesterday, but this computer decided to be stupid. I don't remember what I said, so I'll just write a complete new one. Grr.
The highlight of my morning yesterday was turning on the tv in my room (I like having background noise and the radio doesn't work... because I'm in the basement) and seeing DAYS OF OUR LIVES!! I haven't seen a single episode in months, so it was a huge treat. Course, it was also extremely old... just like all the other American shows on (except for the Fab 5!). This was so old it had Princess Gena, Lucas was still in a coma, and Sami was with Austin. AUSTIN! They haven't even mentioned him in years... it was good fun =)
Christel picked me up yesterday at 4 to go to Københaven. It's stinks, you only have to pay at one of the bridges in Denmark, and it's the one from Funen to Københaven. And let me tell you, this is no nice little toll... they have to pay up to DKK 400! That's about USD 67! No wonder Keld was complaining so much about picking me up at that airport instead of Billund. Anyway, we went to the airport to pick up a customer that Christel had to have a meeting with and her husband. Odd couple... Helena is from Latvia (which is where they're living now) and he's from France. We drove around the city a little bit to see some of the sites... but you can't really see much from inside a car. We didn't really have enough time to get out and walk around. We went to this place called "Chez Ketchup"... very odd, but REALLY good food. I had risotto with asparagus that had been marinated in a garlic ginger sauce, and ice cream with blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries. Sooooo good! That restaurant was truely amazing though... we were in a huge hurry, and they got us the food fast. We ran (drove really fast) to the train station to drop them off, and were on our way. By that time it was raining pretty hard, so we didn't stay to do anything in Københaven. We stopped after about 45 minutes to get a cup of coffee and to stretch our legs. I actually had orange tea, which was very good. I'm so glad that I found tea before I left! It's not too thin if you just put some milk and sugar in it. I got home around midnight, and couldn't get to sleep. So, I stayed up to watch old American shows until Spin City irritated me so much that I went to bed.
I started knitting Jen Brown's hat a couple days ago... it's going to be striped with some of the leftover yarn from Josh's hat... if I can figure out how to do it. I guess I'll just try a couple ways and see what works.
Oh! Christel took me to a Rotary meeting, and for dessert they had cheeses with different kinds of fruits. There was something there that looked like an orange cherry tomato that had citris-like seeds, and actually tasted like a really sugary lemon. We asked a waitress what it was, and in Danish it sounded like a cumquat. Is that right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah, kumquats! They're like little citrus fruits that you don't peel, just pop'em in your mouth and chew! I think they're weird and freaky. Glad you liked them though.
:-)
Post a Comment