directly translated: I can not understand
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
This entry shall be all about Københaven! My family took me a couple of weeks ago (September 17). We really went because it was Bente's mother's sister's 90th birthday. We went early enough so that Bente could make an extravagent dinner, Karen and Christian (her boyfriend) could go shopping, and I could go around sightseeing with Keld.
The Little Mermaid (Den Lille Havfrue) is sitting on some rocks a little away from shore... but still close enough for people to jump to her to take pictures. Or, cut off her head. She's been decapitated twice, and they have no idea who did it. Luckily, the original mold still exsists... so, this is her third head.
The Queen's winter palace! You can tell that she's not home, because there isn't a flag raised. There are three other palaces in that area... it's like a square. One is for guests, one is for the Crown Prince, and the last one is a museum.
This is an American pianist... he's been playing on the streets of Københaven for the past 20 years, and gives concerts (koncert i aften means concert tonight).
The only KFC in Denmark! If I had known it was there I would have had lunch there... but instead I got falafel gyro.
We went to Bente's aunt's tiny apartment (good for a tiny 90 year old, but not good to have 8 guests in...) and had an amazing dinner. The first course was different types of fish on rugbrød (danish rye bread... a lot of exchange students don't like it, but I don't mind it. It's just chock full of rye, and the texture reminds me of slightly undercooked bread. meh...). And yes, I had some. They had eel, I just couldn't do it... next time I will though. Next course was pork, and we had... other stuff too. Honestly, it's been too long for me to remember everything. Fínally we had some coffee and tea in the sitting room with danishes and chocolate. Then they broke out the Bailey's... I swear, they can drink a LOT... They had two different types of wine during dinner and then they had Danish schnapps. Anyway, it was about 10... so we left and drove for an hour and a half home. I swear, everytime we've driven somewhere I've fallen asleep. I'm always in the back seat, and I'd rather sleep than feel carsick. But apparently I've missed a bunch of cool sites...
well, that's my trip to Københaven. Next entry will be about my birhday... but no pictures, sorry.
3 comments:
hey kt, thanks for the update :)
You're a liar, you liar! "Forstod" is datid or past tense of "forstår" så du sige "forstår" hvis du mener "I don't understand". Ikk' "forstod". Vi ses på sprogskolen!
I was browsing the web and came accross your site. Do you want to go out some time. I think you're pretty. I love you mom! Maaaaarrrrrryyyyyy. Oh Canada! Party was fun. You're next to me as I write this. I heart you.
Post a Comment