Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hvordan går det?

Pronounced vor-dan gor day, means "how goes it". Confused the heck out of me until I saw it written out... I thought they were saying dag (means day and pronounced pretty much the same way).

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Sorry it's taken so long for me to write, I've been having a hard time getting on the computer at home. Then I realized that I could write up a post at school and just add pictures when I get home!

Anyway, a long time ago (I think it was in August) I went to my family's beach house! Karen (my host sister) didn't come, but some friends of the family from Københaven came. Jens, Karen, and their 9 year old Christian. He had just begun learning english, so it was fun for him to try some stuff out with me. I probably knew less danish than he knew english, so it was very interesting... We only went to the beach once, because it was actually kinda far away. I mean, it's a lot closer to the beach than this house, but it's still a bit of a hike. Here's some pix:


this is Jens in the kitchen


Keld and Bente on the deck


Christian and his mom in the bathroom... she refused to have a picture taken of her face


view from the front porch...

The last day we went to legoland! It was a little boring... it's geared towards little kids... but there are a few cool pic


NETTO TRUCK!!! Netto is the cheapest grocery store that I've found in Denmark... it's also right next to the school, so sometimes we walk over during lunch break and pick something up. But all of the vehicles actually move, including the boats and the airplanes.


I had to put on the llama...

tell me if you want to see more pictures... I have a couple more of the beach house and a lot more from lego land.
next post should be about Københaven... I'll work on it for a bit tonight and see if I can get it done

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Llama!

Beth spent this am getting contacts, and learning to put them in and take them out. It was a LONG morning for her. Now she has to take the contacts out before her soccer game because her maximum hours will be up by half time in the game. She also got new glasses, but doesn't expect to wear them much!

Have a great weekend!