ok, I realize that it's been over a month since my birthday... but it's the easiest entry to write becuase I didn't take any pictures. Probably should have, but I wasn't really thinking about it. I know I can put up some pictures when I change host families because they took a few. Anyway, here goes:
I woke up late because my host dad was driving me to school, which was awesome. I went upstairs for breakfast and they had done a ton of stuff. Apparently, you open your presents either as soon as you wake up or during breakfast. Anyway, there was a Danish flag on a pole near the table, and a little flag on the table by my seat. They made American pancakes (and we used the maple syrup I brought) and sticky buns... soooo good! I got a shirt from them and a couple of books from Christel.
After school I went to my next host family's house for dinner because Keld and Bente had left for Germany that afternoon. They had made a Danish birthday cake (a layered cake with cream and jelly and cookies... I have no idea, I'll look up a recipe later for you) and hot chocolate which we ate as soon as I got there. Then we had a dinner of roast beef and MASHED POTATOES!!! I've noticed that they tend to make "kartofler mousse" (basically mashed potatoes, only a bit runnier) and then they make balls out of it and bake it.
After dinner I went with my next host parents to the school because there was an information night for parents. There's been a school reform in Denmark this year, and they wanted to explain it to everyone. We broke up into our individual classes and explained what we've been doing in school so far. I had to speak about being an exchange student... I basically made something up on the top of my head.
That weekend Katy came out to visit the Odense crew and stayed here. She's from AZ, but is living in Roskilde now. I visited her, and will post some pix of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww, sounds like you had a nice day!
Post a Comment