Ok, so my sisters already know this (I called Susie, and Susie called Carrie, and Carrie called me... etc), but I was really really sick on Sunday. I couldn't go half an hour without vomiting, and it was almost all phlem. Oh yeah, real good fun. Monday I felt a LOT better, but I still didn't eat very much... mostly saltines, water, and ginger ale. Finally Monday night I had a little thing of soup that my friend gave me. So I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost about 10 pounds. How about that diet right before thanksgiving? Hopefully I'll feel up to thanksgiving... no fried or fatty foods for me for a while (in college?! how will I survive?!). I should be ok, I mean, my stomach is still a little weak, but I had actual dining hall food today, so I should be good. And when I say that my stomach is weak, I mean that the revolting sight of my friend Ezra doing a belly dance actually almost made me vomit again. Honestly... might have done it even if I wasn't sick.
The thing that irks me the most about this whole thing, is that when I went to Gannett (the health place at Cornell), they didn't do anything. They listened to my symptoms and what I had done when I was sick, told me I did the right thing and then just gave me a paper on the "BRAT" diet. They try to figure out if it was a virus or if it was something I ate or... whatever else it could have been. Turns out that it was contagious, because the girl that came to take care of me a bit on Sunday was stuck in bed on Monday.
So, for the rest of today and tomorrow I need to clean my room, do laundry, and get packed for thanksgiving. I'm going to visit my cousins in North Carolina and have thanksgiving down there. It's going to be a full 20 degrees warmer there than in NY! YAYYY!!! Ok, well, I also have a project due 10 days from today, and it's going to be really hard, so I should probably start working on it now so I don't have to work on it so hard over vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sure glad you are feeling better! Hope you feel up to the LONG drive with an unhappy belly...and mostly I hope you are up for pie on Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment