Has anybody seen Mean Girls? There's a part in the movie where she talks about how Halloween is basically just an excuse for girls everywhere to dress up sluttily and not get called a whore. Sad thing is, I didn't believe it until I got here. I went to a party as a witch (admittedly, I was wearing a black shirt and a witch hat, and that was the extent of my costume...) and I was probably the most clothed female there. There was one couple dressed as Adam and Eve, and they were just wearing nude colored underwear with stratigically placed leaves. I just want to figure out how they made it home... it was FREEZING outside, and we were supposed to get snow.
The party wasn't all that great, the music wasn't good and it was really packed because there was going to be a concert later. They were turning away so many people, it was crazy. I left a little before midnight to walk a friend to collegetown. She's a break dancer and her teacher told her about a club where they could break. I just walked to the edge of Ho Plaza, and we parted there. I got to the clock tower at midnight, and listened to the tubas. It's a tradition the Saturday before Halloween for all the tubas in the marching band to walk up all the stairs (166?) to the top of the clock tower to play scary songs at midnight. They took a long break, so I probably only saw a quarter of it, but the wind was kinda chilly and I knew there were people back at the dorm doing stuff.
So I got back, and there were a ton of people in Shane and Kevin's room like always (they have a really clean double, and are really cool guys down the hall from me). We watched the exorcism of Emily Rose and decided to just stay there until 3 (there's a reference to that time in the movie). Unfortunately, because of day light saving, it turned 3 twice. Most of us just fell asleep in the room (mostly the people that don't really do well with scary movies).
Oh yeah, and earlier yesterday dad came up for supper at Joe's... it was really nice to see him, and Joe's was amazing, as usual!
So, that's been my weekend so far... not much else went on. Including work. I have an econ problem set due tonight, a huge econ problem set due tuesday, and an econ prelim thursday. I have bio lab tomorrow (meaning I have to read it and do the prelab work), and a bio prelim tuesday, and a writing seminar essay. I'm not doing very well at starting any of this, and I REALLY don't want to. Grr.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha - i just responded to the email you sent me with the picture of your friends dressed up for Halloween... My email was similar to your title...
Hahaha no way! I based my Halloween off Mean Girls too! But you already knew that, and I already spammed that "mouse" pic on your myspace.
Post a Comment