Thursday, July 31, 2008

summer time

So, I'm a horrible blogger. But it's mostly because I have nothing going on...

The end of May and all of June and July I've been working at the same office I've been working at since I came home from Denmark. That's... basically it. I have friends visit me every once in a while, and I hang out with the few friends that have stayed behind for the summer.

One exciting thing I've been doing is participating in rotary events. As an ex-Rotary exchange student (ROTEX), I help chaperon and put on events for inbounds and outbounds. My dear friend Kristin was the rotex chair this past year, but she is currently in Germany (and soon the Netherlands) for an au pair gig. So, I'm stepping in as co-chair with a girl that came back last year. Our first duties are to put on a dinner (and when I say put on I just mean count the people coming) for our outbounds that are just coming back. Some of them are back already, but this dinner gives us all a chance to hear stories from their year and reconnect. And it's a way to rope them into becoming active rotex =)

Two weekends ago I went down to NYC to see some classmates of mine from Denmark. They were here for a week, but I only spent a few days with them. It was really nice seeing them after two years, but I wish I could go back! While I was there I saw my future roommates as well, and we all got along great (whew...). Aaaaand, I saw my nephew!! And Susie, Mike, and mom as well... but Ethan is the important one =) Becky, mom and I took him to the met for a while, but we ended up just playing with him in the lobby and never actually went in. He's gotten so big!!!

This weekend I'm going back home for a friend's wedding. We were really good friends in high school, but we sort of lost touch while I was in DK. I saw her once in 2006, but since then we've only kept in touch with facebook. So I'm hella excited to see her again, and to meet her fiance/husband!

The next Thursday is the welcome home dinner, and then I'm going to my mom's house for the night. The next morning we'll start driving to Westchester, to my sister's new house! Carrie will join us in the afternoon/evening, and we'll have our own family reunion! Mom will just be getting back from the 'real' family reunion (her siblings and their families) so we'll be able to hear all the family gossi... I mean, news.

But, yeah, I think that's about two months worth of stuff. I'll try to update more often, and be a good influence on Katy. (her live journal is to the right, she's off to dk again!)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Glad to hear you're alive and well and keeping busy (even if it's nothing exciting)!

There's gotta be a way to work your love of Denmark back into your life. Surely there are Danish companies looking for super awesome interns from the U.S. ;)