This past Friday was slope day, which was amazing. I didn't get to sleep in because my friend Tiffany sent me a text at 9 am, but I did manage to take a little nap around 6. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, Hot Hot Heat, and Gym Class Heroes all performed on the slope... they were all amazing. Well, the Pharmacists seemed a little old, but nobody really pays attention to the first band anyway. Hot Hot Heat reminds me of Arctic Monkeys (one of my favorite bands). And Gym Class Heroes was absolutely amazing! I was so close to the stage... there was only one girl in front of me, and she wouldn't move, as hard as I tried to squeeze in. We all had a fun night, but I can't wait until next year when I can go to the after party with the bands...
I'm going to attempt to post some pictures up from Spring Shimmy...
This is me in my shimmy contest costume sitting on a prop. Everyone in the troupe got a picture like this, but other people used canes and swords. Much cooler than a hat.

This is part of our tribal dance... I'm second from the left.
This is a rather stupid looking picture of me, but I wanted to show the front of my tribal costume. I'm standing next to our 'troupe mother' Trish... she's an alum that drives an hour every weekend to dance with us. She also choreographed 3 or 4 of the dances in the show, and is basically an amazing person all around.
Left to Right: LeeJee (new this semester), Becky (new this semester, also the one I went on a road trip with), me, Itir (started with me, leaving this May), Serena (started with me). I love my Teszia girls!
Left to Right: Priya (started with me), Becky, LeeJee, Aubrey R. (new this semester). This is their costumes from a dance Priya choreographed... fairly sheer, and easily our raciest costumes!
This is a picture from one of my favorite dances- the sword dance. Left to Right: Aubrey (senior), Serena, Lexi (junior), Becky. Lexi choreographed the dance, and I've decided that I HAVE to be in her dance next year... it looked so amazing!!
1 comment:
nice pictures! mom said she took video too. you should post it!
Post a Comment