And I promise to attempt to write more :-D
So, I've had two weeks of classes under my belt now, and my schedule isn't looking as scary as I had thought. I'm taking managerial accounting, stats, physics of the heaven and earth, calculus for life sciences, magical mushrooms and mischievous molds, and I'm also a TA for a brand new AEM class for freshmen. The only class that I'm slightly worried about is managerial accounting, but that is mostly because I don't really like the professor. He knows his stuff, but he isn't able to convey it to his students very effectively.
The thing that is currently taking up most of my time is Teszia (the belly dance troupe). Our treasurer left last semester, with the understanding that she would be back this semester. So we got along without a treasurer for a semester, but she's not coming back this semester. Since there is an urgent need, I decided that I could help out.
Little did I realize that the reason that we need a treasurer so badly is because someone needs to put together a budget for the SAFC (Student Assembly Finance Commission). Basically, we figure out what we need to buy for the semester and if there are any events that we'll be putting on that might need funding, and beg them for the money. And they don't make it easy to beg! I had to take a series of quizzes (at least a dozen), and there are several forms that need to be filled out. There's an entire section of the budget packet that tells us precisely what they WILL NOT pay for.
So, anyway, I've been working with the president for the past week, and we've done everything except actually filling out the budget application. We know what we need, how much it will cost, how we will get it, and how we will argue for it.
Right now I'm sitting in the Olin Library cafe, waiting for the freezing rain to stop. It's really nasty outside, and I'm pretty sure that my street (located on one of the steepest hills in Collegetown) is a sheet of ice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah! you're back!
Post a Comment