Well, last you heard from me was last May and lots have happened since then. I received an A on that German project that I had stayed up until 8 am for on Slope Day! I don't know how I did on my finals, but at least I know I passed all of them.
After my finals I moved into a different dorm (3443 Balch Hall/ Ithaca, NY 14853... but I don't have a mailbox key) which is actually right next door. So I'm still pretty close to my office, where I'm working for the rest of the summer (and the rest of my days at Cornell, apparently). My office is the headquarters for Campus Life Facilities (the entire department is called Campus Life Facilities and Management- the management is in another building). I still do a fair bit of secretarial work, but they've put me in charge of some inventory projects for the summer. Sounds impressive, right? Turns out that it means that I and two other students have to go to EVERY SINGLE residential building and look for model and serial numbers on things. This week I finally convinced my bosses that the system we use to store this data is very messy, which means that I have to go in, document everything, and fix it. I'm still on the documenting stage... and it's going to be a few weeks. The two boys I'm in charge of are helping, but they're only working part time this week. It's ok though, we'll get it done. And then the system will be fixed! And then we'll take away everyone's privilege to add to the system... because that's the main reason why it's so screwed up :(
My friend Becky should be coming up this weekend with her boyfriend Ben and a friend of his. He didn't want to feel like a third wheel... which is smart, because he would be. :)
Ok, my friends are calling me to play a game of mofia (the obsession of summer college, apparently)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad to hear what you're up to! Are you planning on going to the reunion this summer? If so, see you there!
Hey Katie! Hope you're having fun with the inventory stuff. Seems like you are an organizer, so it will probably be rewarding to you. Beth leaves for Austria on Tuesday for 2 weeks, leaving me with an empty nest... Summer is always a busy time, and I am sure the time she is away will fly by!
Have a great rest of the summer!
I don't remember how to play Mofia, but I remember really liking it.
It's about time you updated, you know. But I know you've been out and about.
Post a Comment