Friday, November 25, 2005

cold and dark...

Today is officially the first day of snow in Odense, though it's melting as soon as it reaches the ground. About an inch of snow is expected for tomorrow. I'm list the differences between here and home:
Current temperature: Odense- 34, Castile- 21
Expected high: Odense- 37, Castile- 27
Feels like: Odense- 24, Castile- 21
Wind: Odense-16 mph, Castile- calm
Sunrise: Odense- 8:12 am, Castile- 7:16 am
Sunset: Odense- 3:59 pm, Castile-4:42 pm

yeah... etc, etc.
Basically, Odense is warmer but windier, and a hell of a lot darker. You guys back home have almost two more hours of light! Dad said something about getting 2-3 feet of snow though, so I'm not going to complain that much. Although... weather.com said nothing about that...

I know I owe you guys pictures of my family and whatnot, but I left my cable to the computer at my old host family's house. I'm going to have dinner with them on the 30th, so I'll get it then.

Tonight I'm going to Tracy's house for Thanksgiving dinner with my host family. Trace is from Wisconsin and is moving on Saturday from a house a couple of blocks away... so we figured we needed to do SOMETHING together while we were still so close. Tell you how it all goes, and I'll take pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! The Buffalo weather has predicted LOTS of snow, but weather.com shows potential for just a few inches for us. We have about 3" right now, with flurries in the air, so we will see what comes for the rest of the day. I'd be happy with spring now, but Tom would be so sad to miss out on tobbogan rides down the hill to the house all winter long, and of course skiing, too. On the positive side, we expect sun, and temps up to the 50's on Monday and Tuesday! Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner!

Cassie said...

happy thanksgiving, love - i'm thankful for you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie :)
This is Maja from Denmark.
It's funny, though. When i was in Perry I thought it was darker and colder than in Denmark. Werid.
I still would like to hang out with you someday, if you could find the time.
Love, maja